2005-01-06

My Hero!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



From Gov Schwarzenegger's State of the State address last night:
I can also announce that we intend to wipe out nearly 100 unnecessary boards and commissions, abolishing over 1,000 political appointments in the process. No one paid by the state should make $100,000 a year for only meeting twice a month. Now, I know the special interests will oppose all the reforms I have mentioned. Of course. Any time you try to remove one dollar from the budget, there are five special interests tugging on the other side. Anytime you try to make something more efficient, there are a half-dozen special interests trying to prevent it.
In his year at the helm the Governator has become more refined in his speeches. There were no "Mastadons" or people "bleeding red ink" this year. Instead we have serious talk about cutting government. In California's govt this may only represent a drop in the bucket, but it's a start, and a move in the right direction. I have to applaud that.

|

About me

Previous posts

Archives

Categories

Links


ATOM 0.3
  • Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.