2005-02-04

Catching Up


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



What a crazy couple of weeks! Lots of seminars, training, and trips on the work front, rehearsals at church, etc., etc. It seems that every night I get home just in time to pass out.

I had been trying out a cool app, AvantBlog, that would help me fire off posts in my spare moments away from the web. It's an AvantGo channel for Blogger blogs which lets you make entries on the go, then posts them the next time you synch.

It wasn't until I was sitting in the middle of a particularly dry seminar last week that I realized I needed to synch my Blogger username and pw before using AvantBlog.

Now that I have that taken care of, a couple of my usb devices are not getting along with each other and have taken out my usb ports. This is really a Windows thing, although to avoid responsibility Gateway support would have you believe that when six usb devices all stop working at the same time, the problem is each of the devices, and not the usb controller.

Anyway, there is plenty of info out there to confirm that this, the usb ports not "waking up" when your notebook comes out of hibernation, is not an uncommon problem. The cure is a little more elusive.

I solved this once by flashing my BIOS. Now that that the BIOS is current however, my flash utility won't let me re-flash, and really that's probably best. Brain surgery isn't the way to fix a sprained ankle.

I've found a couple of things to try before I resort to MS customer support. We'll see how it goes.

Anyway ... time to start catching up on random thoughts from the past week or so.

|

About me

Previous posts

Archives

Categories

Links


ATOM 0.3
  • Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.