2005-02-07

Contractions - A primer


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



OK people, this one gets me and I'm seeing it more and more.

YOU + ARE = YOU'RE

You are welcome = You're welcome
You are in luck = You're in luck

YOUR, on the other hand, means belonging to you. I can't really do the equation thing because "your" isn't the OBVIOUS combination of two words like YOU'RE is.

examples:

Your bicycle
Your house
Your brain appears to be turned of if you're writing "your welcome." Can we at least make a little effort here?

|

About me

Previous posts

Archives

Categories

Links


ATOM 0.3
  • Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.