2005-02-04

Schmeling


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's rare for a boxer to live so long, but after 99 years of life, German former heavyweight boxing legend Max Schmeling has died.

This story caught my eye, not because I'm a huge Max Schmeling fan, or even a fan of boxing in general. Not in the least.

Schmeling is familiar to me because he is the answer to a number of "Sports and Leisure" questions in the very first edition of Trivial Pursuit. How many times did I land on the end of that spoke on the TP board, confident that if nothing else, surely I'd be able to pick up the orangish-red piece of pie, only to have my hopes dashed by a Max Schmeling question!?

|

About me

Previous posts

Archives

Categories

Links


ATOM 0.3
  • Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.