2005-05-26

Misc Stuff


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I learned yesterday afternoon that sometimes justice can make sense. Runaway Bride, Jennifer Wilbanks will be prosecuted for her false statements to the police. Kudos to the Grand Jury in Gwinnet County, Georgia. And since it appears that taking responsibility for her own actions has never been a part of Wilbanks' agenda, I hope she serves every day that she has coming to her.

I still don't understand making her pay for the search, however. It's not against the law to run away. How was she to know that Fox and CNN, without a leg to stand on, would turn this into a kidnap/rape/homicide before she hit the state line? Do we really want people hesitating and checking their bank account before calling the police?

-- B --



OK, so we've got this guy in Florida who climbed a crane to escape, or, ummm ... OK, I'm not really sure what climbing a crane accomplishes. It's like being in a car chase and turning down a dead end street. Anyway, the guy is wanted for killing his former girlfriend - and now he's made it pretty clear to the world that he's guilty. He's in his 22nd hour up there. Police are trying to talk him down, but that's got to be a pretty hard sell - "You've got a long life without the possibility of parole ahead of you!"

-- B --



Oh! I almost forgot American Idol! Or, wait. No I didn't.

-- B --



Good news! They're starting on a movie about the life of Edgar Allen Poe. As a lifelong Poe fan, I was really psyched about this. Then I discovered that Robert Downey, Jr. is slated to play the lead. Then after that I discovered that it was written and will be directed by Sylvester Stallone. So already I'm pining for the re-make even though the make hasn't happened yet.

-- B --



With what is reported to be the last chapter in George Lucas' Star Wars saga that will be committed to film out, I've been thinking how fun it would be to watch the whole series in its intended order: Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Stith, Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. You've probabably already spotted the problem. This grand, six film marathon would conclude with Jedi, easily the cheeziest of the six without a close second. Instead of a flourish, you'd finish with a grand fizzle. My guess is that at the time Lucas didn't figure on doing any more films from the saga, so he totally sold out and created battle of the cute and cuddly Teddy Bears.

|

About me

Previous posts

Archives

Categories

Links


ATOM 0.3
  • Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.