2005-10-30

The World's Most Nonsensical Song Contest


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So I was listening to Loverboy's "Workin' for the Weekend" on my shuffle yesterday. Loverboy's good - I like their sound. But as I was listening it suddenly dawned on me: this song makes no sense. Really. One thought doesn't go with the next ...
Everyone's watching, to see what you will do
Everyone's looking at you, oh
Everyone's wondering, will you come out tonight
Everyone's trying to get it right, get it right

What are they trying to get right? The watching? The looking? The wondering?

Alas, I realize that there are probably a good many songs like this, that make no sense when you really think about it. We half pay attention, and assume something is being said. After all they lyricized for a few minutes. There had to be a thought in there somewhere.

So, I'd like to challenge my three and a half loyal readers to find THE MOST NONSENSICAL SONG IN THE WORLD! Add em in a comment or e-mail them to me. Note: They truyly have to be nonsense. Take Ted Nugent for example. He doesn't count because his lyrics have coherent thoughts - shallow and adolescent, but coherent none-the-less. And, the artist has to have not intended to produce nonsense. "Ssussudio" and "Rubber Biscuit," are intentional nonsense. Even if we can't figure out why, it doesn't count.

|

About me

Previous posts

Archives

Categories

Links


ATOM 0.3
  • Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.