2006-02-10

Pure Genius from The Office


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My favorite sitcom right now is NBC's The Office. In fact, since the end of Seinfeld I haven't used "favorite" and "sitcom" in the same sentence together. I'm working on a separate post on this, so more later.

I did however, want to point out Dwight Schrute's blog over at the Office section of NBC.com. This is pure genius. I'm sure there are probably other isolated cases, but this is the first time that I'm aware of a fictional TV character blogging.

And it's not just flimsy "promote the show" window-dressing. Whoever is doing it (I assume it is one of the writers) is putting out authentic posts as though there really were a Dwight Schrute and Dunder-Mifflin. In fact Schrute's blog has more depth than GM's Fastlane blog driven by real GM VP Bob Lutz.

"Schrute" posts once per week, and regularly logs comments in the hundreds. Kudos to NBC for a creative idea and great execution!

Those who are into The Office love Schrute as arguably the most entertaining character on the show. In honor of Valentine's Day, I would like to direct this fan base to Schrute's What are Men? post and the comments that follow.

|

About me

Previous posts

Archives

Categories

Links


ATOM 0.3
  • Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.